Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Well......it's been quite a while since my last post. This time I won't make the mistake of saying I will be regular in doing this!!!! Never seems to work out. LOL

Time is flying these days....seems just last week my grandson completed 3rd grade and now he is finishing 4th in a couple months.  Until spring of 2015 I had never known many of my family on my father's side but thanks to Facebook my family has grown quite a bit. I have come to know several of what I call my Yankee cousins and have become very close to one cousin....Debbie. We have so much fun sharing our lives with each other but the greatest is that I know she cares and she always has a 7th sense of always knowing when I need that extra word of love and encouragement. Thank you, Cuz!!!! Maybe one day we will find a way to actually meet face to face. Like me she loves to cook and bake so I will make sure she knows about my blog where I share some of my faves. 

Since I started this post my cousin. Debbie, has lost her beloved father and times right now are very hard for her. Asking those who read this blog to say a prayer for her and her father.

Last summer was a mild one thanks be to God and have begu. Praying the 2016 hurricane season will be equally quiet. Our winter was mild here in sunny Florida but we did have a few days of really cold weather. That put me in the mood to make some nice warm muffins. The flavor of choice was pumpkin......my Gabriel's fave! Easy recipe and took no time at all to make them!


                                             Pumpkin Muffins


1 1/2 c flour                                             1/3 c vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder.                                2 large eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda.                                 1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt.                                             1 c to 1 1/3 c pumpkin(not pumpkin            
1tsp pumpkin spice.                                         Pie filling)


Heat oven to 350 and place muffin liners in muffin tins. Recipe says for standard 12 cup tins but I find this makes at least 18 muffins! 

Whisk together the flour, Baking powder, soda, pumpkin spice and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, oil and sugar and mix well. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just enough to combine. Put in. If fins tins and bake for 25-30 min. 

Note:

I add raisins when I have them and I use both canned or fresh pumpkin. 

If you don't have pumpkin spice simply use:
     
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
Punch of cloves andallspice


Enough for this time!!!!! Hope you try the muffins and will love them as much as we do! So for now......God bless you all and remember....let your light shine!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment