Sunday, February 25, 2018

It's been a long, long time........

It's amazing all the changes that take place in a two year span!!!!  I just realized that it's been over two years since I last posted!  Shameful!!!!

In that two year span life as I knew it has drastically changed.....my husband and I sold our dilapidated house of 41 years and have moved in with our daughter, Stephanie, and her family......Gabriel now 12, David and his 9 year old son Mike and it has truly been a blessing.  I am now Grandma to two awesome fellas and even Grandma to Gabriel's step-sister, Shiaynne who is 17 and such a beauty.  I am so blessed.  

This move meant I became the chief cook and bottle washer and I have had the best time doing the majority of the cooking.   I have tried many new thing.....some I will share here.  I am also learning a new way to cook.....for Gabriel who is now lactose intolerant.  It's not hard at all.  I simply substitute lactose free dairy products for recipes calling for milk etc.  I use a cheese from Walmart put out by Cabot.  It can be a bit pricey but well worth it.  SOOOOOOO good!  

I get two boys up for school each morning and then the day begins.  I thrive on this and having enough to keep me busy.  It's fun and I wouldn't change a thing.

Now.....cooking for 6 is quite different then the simple meals I made for Steve and me at home. And so far they like what I come up with!  Like this one....


              

Bacon-Cheeseburger Mini Meat Loaves

  • Prep 20 min
  • Total 40 min
  • Ingredients 8
  • Servings 12

Bacon-Cheeseburger Mini Meat Loaves

7 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4
 cup ketchup
3 slices Cheddar cheese, cut into quarters

Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon for topping. In large bowl, mix remaining bacon, beef, bread crumbs, milk, egg and pepper until well mixed. Divide mixture among muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each), pressing evenly into cups. Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaves reads 160°F. Brush loaves with ketchup. Top each meat loaf with 1 quartered cheese slice. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese just melts. Top with reserved bacon.

Tip:  I put some grated cheese in the meat mixture as well.  



Had a few leftover and will use them in a meatball sub!!!   

Haven't had much spare time for crafts or reading but I am planning to make time just for me a couple times a week.  That's important for all of us.  A few health hiccups hit us in the form of kidney and skin cancer this past year for my husband but thanks be to God he pulled through both with flying colors.  He is in the beginning stages of dementia so things are sometimes in a turmoil but for the most part life is grand and I love what I'm doing.  

Try the recipe above and let me know what you think!!!!  Until the next time.....
God bless and let your love shine!                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment