Saturday, February 1, 2014

"It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship......" for Lyn, Kaye, Linda and Joyce....

"It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship......"  the first line of the chorus of Cole Porter's song "Friendship" sung with gusto by the one and only Judy Garland. We all have friends....on Facebook, next door, from good old school days, from our jobs, church.....most anywhere you can make friends!  I have a lot of friends but there are four that stand out for me.......one that has been my best friend for nearly 50 years, one who, tho miles away, is as close to me today as when we were in school,  one who has been close to me for over 20 years and one that I went to high school with but never had the good fortune to know until just recently.  All four of these women are unique in so many ways and yet they are so alike.  I have been so deeply blessed to call these ladies friends. Do I deserve these 4 wonderful ladies.....no.  They do so much for me......if I'm down they are there to hold me up, if I'm sick they pray for healing, when I'm scared they send encouragement and let me know I don't have to go thru anything alone....they are there. I often sit and wonder what I ever did to be this lucky. And you know what? I have never found an answer to that one. I just know that I am one of the most fortunate people on this earth to be able to call these 4 women "my friend". Four beautiful women who have made my life so much better simply by being a part of it. Right now I can't do for them as they all do for me but I can love them with all my heart and I can thank God continually for bringing them into my life.  I know that I can depend on them unconditionally. If I needed them they would be on my doorstep immediately. If you have a good friend/friends that are there for you hang on tight. They're hard to find.  I know that I have a lot of friends but these four have never turned their backs nor would they ever. Blessed? You bet I am. And I pray that all who may read this will see their friends as special as I do mine. Tell them often what they mean to you, there are no guarantees in this life. I learned that just the other day when I lost a very special friend that I'd know since elementary school. I was able to visit him a few weeks ago and tell him that I loved him. Tomorrow I will say goodby until we meet in a better place. As sick as he was a few weeks ago he was able to tell me he loved me and those were the last words I heard from him. So never hesitate to tell those friends how much you love them and how special they are in your life. As I said....there are no guarantees in this life. Take advantage of the time we have now.

I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff. – Jon Katz
 
Very wise words to live by.   So to all four of you....I love you with all my heart and will cherish our friendship always and forever. 

Check back here soon for some yummies, crafts....just whatever may come to my mind.

In the meantime God bless you all and let your light shine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment