Sunday, August 18, 2013

To blog or not to blog.....

.....for some it depends on the kitchen of the house you buy!!!!  Yes...the kitchen!!!!!! I just finished watching an episode of House Hunters with a VERY young woman searching for her "Dream" house with her equally young husband. This young woman based her search for that special house on whether or not it had a kitchen that would look good on her blog!!!!!!  Can you just imagine my reaction to that one???? Cost, size, layout, location took bottom place on the NEED list. If you watch the show you know that they are presented 3 homes to view....all three were straight from heaven but on one the white of the kitchen counter tops were not the same shade as the cabinets, it had to have a double oven but the main priority was if her blog photos would be as she desired in the kitchen!!!!  If a spiffy kitchen is needed for a successful blog then guess I'll be using commercial photos of my recipes, crafts etc. Ok...off my soap box but I just had to share. I would have felt like I had died and gone to heaven with ANY of the kitchens I saw!!!

School starts tomorrow for our county and Gabriel is excited to be going back to school. He met his new teacher this past Friday and tells me she is really nice. I will be picking him up at his bus stop in the afternoons now that Mommy has a new job. I'm going to miss my little man. Going to take me a few days to adjust to him not being here during the day.   I can't wait to see what he has ahead of him in 2nd grade.

Having some free time means I can get back to reading. Just finished the newest Iris Johansen book "Hunting Eve" and got to the end of the last chapter to find that it really didn't end....it's continued in the next book "Silencing Eve" not due to be out until October this year!!!!  The first in the trilogy is "Taking Eve" and if you've never read of any of Iris Johansen then you're missing some good reads.....that's if you like suspense/thrillers.  Eve Duncan is a forensic sculpture, lost her only child when she was 7 and lives with her ex-FBI current Atalanta PD  officer boyfriend and has an adopted daughter who is an artist. Johansen is a fantastic author and once you read one of her books you won't stop till you reach the end of the list.

Another author I read voraciously is Catherine Coulter....just her FBI series. She also write what is often referred to as "bodice rippers" but it's the FBI series starring a husband/wife team of FBI agents. Excellent reading if you're into mysteries, suspense, or thrillers. Most libraries have most or all of her books. I'm now awaiting my name to reach the top of reserve list for her newest in the FBI series "Bombshell".

Well....my friends, it's time to go into that kitchen of mine that will probably never be seen on this blog and fix a bite to eat.  Have a grand week ahead! And if you're living where you are getting a lot of that wet stuff as we are here then be safe and stay dry.

Until the next time.......

God bless
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment